Friday 22 March 2019

#workbenchWednesday 20/03/19 (delayed)

Slightly late this week as adulting got in the way over the last two days...

Workbench currently looks like this -

Kinda sparse, right?

The last 6 of the Ral Partha Europe Blighthaven miniatures waiting on a wash drying, then just highlights and layers and stuff to finish the full job off.  The end is in sight.  I've already finished up the Town Guard set, and the first 4 Heroes from this pack.

DH007 - Town Guard (Ral Partha Europe)


The stout hearted men of Blighthaven, resplendent in their 'official' colours.  Well, that's my claim at least seeing as these are for the webstore.  I went with a bright green and white colour combination to evoke the 'Blight' and 'Haven' of the name, along with a selection of drab browns and linen to represent more simple, hardwearing clothing.  No decals this time, all the shields were hand painted.

I've also finished off the first 4 minis (for the mathematically challenged)  from the Questing Hero pack, mainly because I was using a lot of the same colours as the Town Guard, so seemed less wasteful.

4/10 of BE001 - Questing Heroes (Ral Partha Europe)
You may notice that I have painted the two wizard types to tie in with the Town Guard and the previously completed Knights pack, and the Knight at the back is also boasting some red detailing.

Pretty sure one of the two groups here is better equipped to deal with things that go bump in the night...
So, plans on the painting front is to get the last 6 Heroes finished off and shipped back out, and hopefully have some time to get my spectral stuff done for my #talesofinstahammer army.

Gamingwise, managed another 3 games since last week.  Thursday night we headed over to Jimboba's for drinks and games and a catch-up, resulting in me being able to cross 2 more board games off the #hobbyresolution2019 list, (Zombicide: Black Plague and Mythic Battles: Pantheon) as well as indulging in a lot of planning for gaming ideas for the future.  Mostly 15mm, but he was desperately trying to sneak some individually based and magnetised 6mm in there too...

Shortly before the TPK...
The game of Zombicide: BP was a quick affair, we split the party to cover more group and ultimately paid the price with a Total Party Kill, with my Dwarf holding out until the last minute, before being dragged down in a wave of rotting assailants.  After a quick break for Enchiladas and Cider (recommended) we had a run through of Mythic Battles: Pantheon, choosing a God and blind drafting the rest of our forces.

Hail Hydra!
James was the victor here, after Sarah and I spend most of the game duking it out in the centre of the table with the Nemean Lion (and a Griffon) and my Hydra.  According to James there is a Norse/Viking one due out, so that is definitely on my radar.

I also managed a third game, this time versus Sam, when I was dropping off his warband at the club.  We played A Song of Blades & Heroes, a special scenario involving collecting explosive barrels.  The cowardly sniping of my Leader saw a cascading morale failure which turned into an all out rout of my warband.   So much for being Fearless Barbarians...

'Barrelling' forward...
Plumed assailant kebabs defenceless lady.  732 Colourised.

Moving forwards, we are looking at playing more ASoB&H, then using those warbands to try out Dragon Rampant (or Hero Rampant if you will, using one figure per unit) before expanding to full DR armies, then making them playable for other games like God of Battles, Warlords of Erehwon and SAGA: Age of Magic when it is releases next month.  I'll  pick up Thud & Blunder too (probably at Carronade) and that'll add another set of rules to try.  So I've been building up my Beastmen in preparation.



We are also planning more boardgaming, with Rising Sun being on the agenda for the next meet-up, although I'm obviously going to try and sneak Blood Rage and Chaos in the Old World in too.


So yeah, that's it really.  I have something I 'wood' like to talk about, but I'll save that for it's own post.


Cheers,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment