Wednesday 11 December 2019

#workbenchWednesday 11/12/19 and a charity shoutout

Firstly,  apologies all for the lack of posting.  It's been a funny few months, where I've kinda swung back and forth with enthusiasm and motivation.  I have been pottering away in the background on various things, and am still adding minis to the painted tally.  There is a huge blog post sitting in draft status hiatus, but, I don't know when or if that will be published.

I did recently finish off the Grymkin reinforcements that had been languishing on my desk since May, ironically after hurting my wrist, and just having left A&E mid shift with tendonitis...



The monkeys finally have Organ Grinders.

Other than the Grymkin, I've added more Foundry Vikings to my SAGA/Dark Age Fantasy force,  some 10mm Argatoria miniatures from Spellcrow, a couple of Nurgle characters and other stuff.



As promised, I said I'd let you know when the Ratmen I'd painted up for Ral Partha Europe were going to be available, and it turns out that it will be this month, via Kickstarter.  Credit to Paul for the photograph, although he almost got an angry message when I first saw it, because I wanted to know why they hadn't used the ones I had painted, then I sheepishly realised that they were the ones I had painted, just captured by someone that can actually use a camera...


What a difference being able to take photograps does.  I  should maybe look into that...



Yeah, definitely should look into that...


Finally, and the main reason for me putting fingers to keyboard again, a few weeks ago, while letting youTube videos play in the background, one popped up from James MacCraggs of the "Mad Tin Hatter" blog regarding some devastating news about his son.  Go visit the blog for details of the "For Joshua" project that he is undertaking.  The upshot of this is I wanted to do something to show support, so I figured, seeing as I was supposed to be doing the 10mm Taurian army as a #hobbyresolution, I'd toss them, and the extra figures I had towards helping him achieve his goals.

I've painted up 6 bases of Minotaurs (or Taurians) splitting the standard 12 model units into 6's, as well as an individually based hero and wizard to use as hero upgrade tokens or lesser commanders, as well as a 28mm Foundry Minotaur to use as a Giant or commander.  I have another 4 bases of minotaurs to do, along with the Warlord and Shaman stands, and 3 bases of various Centaurs to finish off the army pack.  I think I still have more random individual figures, so, I'll try and get a few more based up too before posting them off.




So, yeah, brief update to say I'm still about in the background, with thoughts of how to improve things next year, and to tell you to either look out for the "For Joshua" project at any of the game shows it will be at, and buy raffle tickets for it, or consider chipping in some minis.

Cheers for now,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment