Sunday 29 March 2020

Tales of InstaHammer - the halfway point.

So, 3 months into the year pretty much (who knows how long the year will actually last however) and I've reached the halfway point of the #talesofinstahammer challenge.

January and February
Extras


For those that don't know, the challenge is to basically follow a (very loosely enforced) army building challenge over the course of six months.  It is open to both fantasy and sci-fi forces (AoS/Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000) but I'm sure you could paint stuff up for another game and nobody would really complain.  It isn't limited to official figures either and contains a mix of people who are painting to game with their army and those who don't play at all.

The Guidelines
I'd figured to do the Stonecast Eternals for this, and had picked up most of a 2000 point Age of Sigmar force cheaply on ebay focussed on the units from the Soul Wars box.

The army I planned out was -

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Astreia Solbright (220)
- General
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Knight-Venator (120)
10 x Sequitors (260)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces
10 x Sequitors (260)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 4x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (130)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 1x Stormsmite Greatmaces
6 x Castigators (160)
6 x Castigators (160)
5 x Evocators (220)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 127


I knew that the list didn't exactly cover all the planned months work, so I also had some spares from the original Age of Sigmar box to hand, along with a couple of extra heroes, so I made a few notes on my list for when I planned to tackle things.  January was supposed to be all 25 Sequitors, along with a hero, February was the Lord-Ordinator and Ballistae, March the Knight-Venator, April the Castigators, May the Evocators and finally Astreia in June to lead the army.  Plans change however, and I haven't followed that exactly, but I've still made pretty good progress, I've also sneaked in a few Warhammer Underworlds warbands as part of the secret challenges.


#tohi2020 Stonecast Eternals

At time of writing (with a couple of days of March left) I have completed 26/54 models (890/2000pts) for the list, I have also finished another 12 not on the list for another 800 points, and have 12 (split between what is on the list and what isn't) currently sat on my workstation waiting to have all the tufts glued on, which should take me over 1000pts painted for both.

March - Hurry Up!

March Extras - also fast stuff.


I'm hoping to get this month's stuff based up tomorrow, seeing as I'm off work right now (changed jobs at the right time it seems) and I'm working on some other stuff that I'll show off in my Month in Review post.

3 months to go.


As far as the Stonecast are concerned, the plan now is to finish off the remaining Sequitor and Castigator units in April, and carry on as intended for May and June.  I'll see what extra stuff I can add in from the extras too.

I need a Hero.


The Mortal Realms stuff hasn't shown up yet, but along with the figures in the picture above, I still have another 5 Liberators, Vandus and a not even minimum sized unit of Retributers to do.


So, yeah, halfway done, definitely on track to finish it this year, and then I can focus a lot more on the other #hobbyresolutions for the remaining 6 months.

See you all in a couple of days,

Cheers,

J

4 comments:

  1. Wow, an ambitious project. The first batctch looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude. I'm hoping the next batch won't be too painful as there as a couple of chunky units to do.

      Delete
  2. Good stuff, enjoying watching this project take shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. Yeah, it's been fun so far. Maybe not glueing on moss patches... but the rest has.

      Delete