Thursday 30 April 2020

Month in Review - April 2020

Well, another month been and gone, my first full calendar month in lockdown, and it's been a productive one.  Over the course of the last 30 days I have managed to knock 2 entire projects off of my #hobbyresolution2020 list, and paint 169 miniatures in total.

Feel free to count them.

Age of Magic and Age of Sigmar

Age of Vikings and Grymkin


First up was my #talesofinstahammer Stonecast Eternals.  The brief was "Reinforcement" so I started with bulking out my lines with another 10 man Sequitor unit and 6 more Castigators, both of which were on my planned 2k list.  For extras, I added in the Lord-Relictor, Knight-Heraldor and the Warhammer World Exclusive Errant-Questor.  I managed to get the full lot painted by about the 2nd, but then left them unbased until yesterday...

Sequitors

Castigators

Sword, Flag, Trumpet.  One of these things is not like the others...


After the Stormcast were done, I painted up the full Saga Age of Vikings army I had planned using my Footsore Vikings.  It is actually 7pts as I added an extra unit of Hearthguard to give me 4 units for the Rampant games.  These guys were done over the course of about 10 days, and I also have a video of them up on YouTube.

Vikings! - Footsore Miniatures

Shieldwall!

Portrait of the artist battling against the lead mountain.


After the Vikings, I tackled the 15mm Dark Age Arthurian Spearmen from Sam over at 15mm Skirmish Supplies, but, I can't show them off right now, as they were samples to be shown at shows, and Westwind has shut down for the moment and can't respond to any enquiries.  Some of the kickstarter ones may have made it out into the wild, so a bit of googling might turn up some unpainted images.

Following on from them, I grabbed a few Grymkin models that I already had primed and blasted them out over a day.  Exact composition was 2 Grave Ghouls, 2 Piggyback Officers, a Glimmer Imp and Trapperkin, and finally, a unit of Murder Crows.  The best part of this batch is it means I now have at least 1 of every single Grymkin option fully painted.

Grymkin - Hordes - Privateer Press


Finally, I tackled the Night Goblin army I had planned as a Horde force for SAGA Age of Magic.  This was my testing out Contrast paints on a full army project, after I had settled on the colour scheme after doing the Underworlds warband last month.  It is mostly infantry from the old Battle for Skull Pass box, along with some of the new plastic Squig models.  Love them, but they are a far cry from the one piece models I originally had in the early 90s.

I do plan to add more to these guys at some point, another unit of Bowmen at least to allow me to run 2 units in Dragon Rampant, plus I still have some Hoppers to do.  I'd also like to add a big centrepiece model like Mangler Squigs or a giant Troll.

Squigs!

Lowly Goblin rabble.

More lowly Goblin rabble.

Warlord and Shaman.


So yeah, 169 miniatures painted.  I should be happy with it, but it has hardly dented the backlog, like, I'd probably have to be doubling those numbers to make a serious dent in it...


That's all for now I guess, stay safe people, see you in the next one.

Cheers,

John


6 comments:

  1. Very productive - I have been doing more than usual as well. May put up a blog post over the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quarantine has a lot to answer for :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job, love the goblins.
    im kinda out of the loop but what os the story of the Stormcast being called Stonecast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers.

      The only reason is because they are painted to look like stone. Just seems to be one of those terms that popped up online as a few people have done similar styled forces.

      Delete
  4. Seriously impressive stuff there! Love the Grymkin and the Saga stuff in particular but it's all good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude. Yeah, I need to celebrate what I achieved a bit more, was like, woo 169 minis done. 3 seconds later, hmmm that's not much...

      Delete