Wednesday 30 June 2021

Month in Review - June 2021


OK, halfway point of the year, so, can't really skip this update right?  So, what have I managed to get done so far then, considering 6 months in I had about 2 months of not hobbying...

June Progress

 

Painting Resolutions 

1. Continue to work towards Grymkin being fully painted (HORDES) 

Not touched them, as predicted, because I've been focussed on the big army projects, but, with them wrapping up this month, I should get to these soon.

2. Complete the Tales of Instahammer challenge (Warmaster) 

Got it done in the end.  Smashed the 2000pt list I had planned out with a load of extras, so I'm sitting on over 2900 at the moment, and can field a 3k list once I paint up a couple more units of Zombies to meet the minimum requirements.

Vampire Counts, 2985 points
Warmaster Revolution
--------------------------------
 180 - 6 Skeletons
 140 - 4 Zombies
 110 - 2 Ghouls
 240 - 4 Grave Guard
 540 - 6 Ethereal Host
 440 - 4 Black Knights
 240 - 6 Dire Wolves
 130 - 2 Fell Bats
 150 - 1 Vampire Lord
 680 - 6 Vampire
     - 2 Winged Nightmare (160)
     - 1 Black Coach (40)
 135 - 3 Necromancer
--------------------------------
2985 - 34/17

 

10mm scale 3d prints from Forest Dragon


3. Paint 6+ points for Age of Crusades (SAGA) 

Managed to get caught up with this one too, ended up with 2 points of Hearthguard, one standard and one with Heavy Weapons, 3 points of Warriors, 12 standard and 12 with Crossbows, and a point of Levy with Bows.  I also painted up a couple of Lifeguard so that I can play Hermann Von Salza, and use the models I don't field as the "free" unit he summons.

 

#heerschau2021 SAGA Age of Crusades Ordensstaat (Crusader Miniatures)

Warlord/Hermann Von Salza with Lifeguard

Ordensstaat Hearthguard (Crusader Miniatures)


4. Paint a lot of Warbands (Warhammer Underworlds ) 

Doing pretty well here, I had planned to try and get one warband done a month for the first half of the year, then do two or three a month for the rest once my online challenges had finished.  Kinda smashed it this month by adding a further 5 to the ones I had already done.

 

Godsworn Hunt - Nightvault (Games Workshop)

The Wurmspat - Beastgrave (Games Workshop)

Garrek's Reavers - Shadespire (Games Workshop)

Spiteclaw's Swarm - Shadespire (Games Workshop)

Hedkrakka's Madmob - Direchasm (Games Workshop)

I currently have Myari's Purifiers and Rippa's Snarlfangs part done on the workbench, and Magore's Fiends and Thundrik's Profiteers primed, then it's just a case of picking up the ones I don't have yet.


5. Project: Shieldwall 

Haven't added anything since January, but I did paint January to June's quota back then...  Got 8 more heavily armoured types basecoated and washed ready for layering though.

Vikings (Wargames Foundry)

 

6. Monthly Fun Mini 

 Knocked out a 3d print for this one this month.  I actually organised a small group to do a randomly allocated colour and theme on a single mini each month to give me some direction for doing these.  The theme was stripes and the colour choice was orange, so, here she is.

Vae Victus Miniatures

7. Blood Bowl Team 

 Well, I can't undo it, so they are still done.


Plastic Ogre team - Blood Bowl (Games Workshop)


8. Terrain

 I have clipped out some of the terrain pieces from the Mortal Realms magazine, and the 3d printed statue is still sitting untouched.  I reckon I can get this stuff done now that things are opening up again, and I can hopefully nip over to Warbases to get some custom bases made to do a full set of SAGA suitable terrain.

 

 Gaming Resolutions

9. Play 26 (or 52) Games 

Played 3 or 4 games so far... hoping to get more in with my upcoming holday, and with things opening up a bit.

 

10. Start a Blood Eagle Campaign.

Errr... nope.  But not had a chance to get out gaming so...

 

11. Play 3 New Games.

I'd need to play games for this to happen, right?  I did pick up a Freefolk starter for A Song of Ice & Fire though.

 

12. Play 6 Boardgames. 

 Nope.

 

Hobby Resolutions. 

 

13. Weekly Social Media Post 

Managed 19/26 or so, so far.


14. Do a Month in Review post every month. 

4/6 so far.


15. Games Room furniture.

Nope.


16. Go to 4 Shows or Conventions.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...  Even the ones that have been announced are now getting cancelled.  Maybe I can just buy a load of stuff online while not playing games to do a lockdown version?

 

 

So yeah, that's the 6 month wrap up, getting there with a lot of stuff, a few resolutions ticked off already, some I can't complete but can still have a good go at, and a few that wel, I won't know until another 6 months have passed.

 

 

Amount Task Completed
28 Fully Paint Grymkin (HORDES)
0%
83 Tales of Instahammer (Vampire Counts) 83 100%
47 Paint 6pts Saga Age of Crusades army 47 100%
22 Paint Shadespire Warbands 10 45%
50 Project Shieldwall 25 50%
12 Random Fun Minis 6 50%
17 Blood Bowl Team 17 100%
4 Terrain
0%

Paint Osprey Wargames forces
#DIV/0!




26 Play 26 Games 4 15%
4 Blood Eagle Campaign
0%
3 Play 3 new games
0%
6 Play 6 Boardgames
0%




12 Maintain blog with monthly posts 4 33%
52 Social Media post every week 19 37%
2 New Games Room Furniture
0%
4 Go to 4 shows or conventions
0%
372
57.80%

 

Stay safe folks, and I'll be back soon with another update.

 

Cheers,

 

John



1 comment:

  1. You are still going strong John and you should hopefully be able to start playing some games soon

    ReplyDelete