Monday 31 May 2021

Month in Review - May 2021

Well, been a while since I updated this, but I have been busy with real life stuff, yet, thankfully, I've put some time in over May to bust out a lot of minis. Not fully caught up yet, but made good headway into outstanding challenges. First up, #talesofinstahammer, managed 6 units of Ethereal Hosts, 2 Vampires, 2 Necromancers, a Vampire on Zombie Dragon and a Vampire in Black Coach. Still have 4 units of Black Knights part done, and 4 units of Zombies, 2 units of Ghouls and the Von Carstein nobility to be my General (the Vlad and Isabella figures I did this month, but on the same base).
Next up, #heerschau2021, managed to get my Levy unit done for May, and done a bit of catch up, getting 12 warriors with crossbows blocked in and washed, and getting some hearthguard and my warlord assembled and primed. Hopefully can get this caught up in June.
I did knock out my Blood Bowl team, just another exercise in contrast paints really, and it went in a totally different direction than I had envisioned. I had originally planned Black and Orange for the team colours, but ended up going with Red and Black. For the Ogres anyway, I figure nobody expects the Gnoblars to last very long, so they just get sent out onto the field wearing whatever rags they turned up with on.
Also caught up with my monthly fun minis, a bit of a mixed bag, a prototype Norse Dwarf from Foundry from years ago, the Road Warrior from Copplestone/North Star, another Frostgrave character and a Lucid Eye Cro Magnon.
Also knocked out a couple more Warhammer Underworlds warbands, keeping me on track for the year to this point. Morgwaeth's Blade Coven and the Dread Pageant, I have the Purifier's part done, and the Karahadrin Overlords assembled. Still haven't picked up any of the season 4 warbands yet though.
So, yeah, that's it for May, not a bad output to get back into it I guess. Nearly at the halfway point of the year, so I'm going to have to get my finger out to get to where I want to be overall.
Stay safe people, and hopefully I'll be back soon with an update for the middle of the year. Cheers, John

4 comments:

  1. Bravo, good output, mine is down a lot, but been busy with renovations this month.

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, hope the renovations don't keep you away from your paints for too long.

      Delete
  2. Good going John. My painting has come to a complete stop as all my wargaming time has been spent on the new wargames rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure you get a pass for that achievement though Dave.

      Delete