Thursday 15 February 2018

#workbenchWednesday 14/02/18

Back again, and updating on time this week!

So, how's the workbench looking?

Ironskull's Boyz Shadespire Warband is basecoated and inked ready for layers and highlights.  I'd started with a silver primer, black washed the entire model, then added the basecoats before washing black again, making the metal really dark.


Basecoats done, before black wash.
After black wash.



I've been particularly productive since my last update, now up to #hobbystreakday45 which is keeping me ticking over.

Friday, after my last update, managed to squeeze in a game of Warmachine (12/100) and finished painting and basing Dr. Arkadius for Mike's army.  So, really, it is a playable force now that I've added in a Warlock, and with the units finished last week, I'm getting closer to the finish line on this.

"Rick?  Never heard of him?  Must be a new guy..."



Farrow army coming along nicely.


Saturday and Sunday saw me tackle the Rider and Shooter elements for my Hordes of the Things army, which is basically just washes over primer, and a few highlights.  Finished up all 4 elements on Sunday evening before work, meaning I just have 8 elements of Warbands to assemble and paint now.  It was also my 6 week straight Hobbystreak, so was good to actually finish up models for that.


Not sure Worms make the best mounts.  Probably quicker walking.

Coming together nicely. 
Monday was basically catching up on sleep, and I'd grabbed the Foundry Minotaur as I hadn't drybrushed his base at the same time as the Barbarians for Broken Legions, and, I just went with it and got him finished up too.   he was real fun to paint (except the horns) and as well as being an encounter for Broken Legions, could probably find himself pulling double-duty for some Fantasy Saga, Dragon Rampant or Frostgrave.


Bull in sheep's clothing...

Don't mind me big man, just out for a new cloak.  Hold still would ya?


Tuesday saw me finish up Nora, the Female Sole Survivor from Fallout: Wasteland Warfare (look out for a review of her soon), so I won't say too much about her now, save, it was a lot easier to get her done once I'd dug out a decent brush.  Most of the brushes I use regularly are anywhere from 5-20 years old...   but having something that wasn't designed for drybrushing or painting tanks meant I could work quickly without worrying about paint slopping everywhere (YMMV).


Vault you lookin' at?


So that's it for another week.   Been a rather hefty photo-dump considering I'd posted late on Friday last week, but it has been good to clear a lot of the WIP models from the side of my workstation.   Down to about 14 now.  Planning on getting the Shadespire guys done over the next few days, then probably back to more Farrow if my hand allows it.  Changed blade in my scalpel meant I slit the end of my thumb open cleaning up a mini.  Doesn't hurt, but it is right through, and manual work has left the edges ragged as it is healing.  Not really big on Health & Safety, but I don't particularly want it full of metal filings either...


Catch you next week, with hopefully another productive update.

No comments:

Post a Comment