Friday 9 February 2018

Belated #workbenchWednesday 07/02/18

Been a busy week, and as normal, messed up sleep and doing stuff on my day's off has delayed this slightly.

So, how's the workbench currently looking?

Ulix (Malifaux) Nora (Fallout Wasteland Warfare) Dr. Arkadius (Hordes)

As you can see, it is a bit sparse, which means one of two things.  Either I finished up the Farrow infantry, or I moved them out the way because there are soooooooo many details on Bonegrinders it's unreal...   Thankfully, it is the former.  Feels good to have broken the back of the force now, just 2 Warlocks, 8 Lesser Warbeasts and a Weapon Crew to do.  Pictures are slightly blurry, will get better shots of the fully painted stuff when I have better light.

Farrow Slaughterhousers

Farrow Bonegrinders
But I am getting ahead of myself really.  The week really started with priming the Skorne Swordsmen for Sarah as she needed them for the English WTC Qualifier held in York over the weekend.  I figured just getting them primed, along with the beses done, varnished and arcs marked was enough to see play.  I also squeezed in a game with Allan (Arkadius vs. Axis) in a bid to find something that deals with the double TEP build (it didn't...)  Back to the drawing board with that.  I'm finding Arkadius really struggles with terrain (something that has never bothered me with Carver) so, I'd probably have to squeeze a second Witch Doc Croc into the list somehow.


Friday, Sarah left for York with Allan and Dan, so I woke up to the nice surprise of peace and quiet...  Just kidding, the nice surprise of my Dracodile and Valkyries, which Allan dropped off for Sean as payment for the Blindwater stuff I finished last week.  It is a gorgeous kit, and only 8 pieces.  I really want to get it put together soon, and unlike the majority of Blindwater stuff, it isn't festooned with ropes and candles, so shouldn't take too long to paint up.



Saturday saw me swing by Common Ground Games, as there was a Steamroller event running, and it was good to catch up with folk.  I also grabbed some sleeves to finish off Rising Sun and have it ready to play.  Started work early to get the bus to York on Sunday morning, so, 4hrs sleep...


Sunday was the Vapnartak show, made it down just as the doors were opening, and spent most of the day playing Watchmachine.  Again, was good to catch up with folk I only see at larger events.  Lead pile received reinforcements in the form of some Oathmark Dwarfs and Lucid Eyr Corelocks, as well as some new reading material, the Savage Core rulebook, V2 Saga rules, and Kobolds & Cobblestones from Osprey.  I plan on using the Dwarfs as a Fantasy Saga force when the rules come out, and held off on the Dark Age rulebook until my Normans are at least 6pts.



Monday onwards, was basically getting work done on the Farrow infantry, which I finished Thursday.


So now it's a little less batch painting as I switch focus to clearing the 3 character models from the desk.  Ulix is the furthest on and only needs a few highlight layers and his base effects to complete, which will also finish off the Malifaux box.  Nora and Arkadius are basecoated and washed, so need to do all the layers and highlights.  I didn't bother basecoating the yellow on Nora, as it would probably get lost with the washes on the vault suit, so will do that afterwards.  I also squeezed in another 3 games of Proxymachine.

So, sorry for the delayed post, but was basically painting until after midnight Wednesday and Thursday, so really just had time to sort this out now.  I figured Wednesday updates would be easy as I'm always off, but, yeah, messed up sleeping pattern gets in the way.  Hey, at least the next update comes quicker, right?




2 comments:

  1. Busy boy! Good on you for keeping the blog up to date despite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Doug. Yeah, other than the (normal)messed up sleeping pattern, it's actually been quite easy (and enjoyable) to put the time aside for this. I'm still aiming for physical progress every day though, as well as the blog etc.

      Delete