Wednesday 21 February 2018

#workbenchWednesday 21/02/18

That time again folks, how's the workbench looking?




Got my Northstar Frostgrave Barbarians as Dacians for Broken Legions coming along nicely.  Still have to layer up the flesh, metal, hair and wraps/straps/details, but getting very close to being finished.  Fur took a while, 3 layers of highlights after the wash, so...  the next 15 should be fun...


Just off the back of a 5 night stint at work, so not managed to get any games in the last week, but, painting progress has been pretty good.

Thursday I finished up Ironskull's Boyz for Shadespire, figure I'll pick up the dice and card sleeves as a wee treat for getting them done, I should probably pick up the base game at some point, as I fancy painting up the Stormcast Eternals, but I'm also tempted by the new Fyreslayers warband. 

Ironskull's Boyz (Shadespire)


Friday, Saturday and Sunday was spent painting a full unit of Trenchers, 3 Weapon Attachments and the Unit Attachment, along with sorting out all the Copplestone Picts for my Hordes of the Things Warband Elements, and the first 4 have been cleaned up and glued to lolly sticks for priming.


Good to go Tabletop - not bad for about 8hrs.



Monday saw me hit day 50 of my #hobbystreak, and I was really keen to have something finished to mark the occasion, so I put some time into finishing off the Reaper Ghoul I am planning to use as a Strigoi in my Dacian Warband.   I really like the sculpt, the exaggerated features and "chunkiness" of the model really complement my painting style, and I've been looking for an excuse to paint her up since I picked up the model.


03453 - Ghoul Witch on Cauldron (Reaper Miniatures)


Tuesday and today were spent working on the Barbarians, and I'm hoping to have them finished off in the next few days.  Got a WTC training session tomorrow at Common Ground Games, so, at least I can bump up games played.

As an aside, I'm really enjoying the whole #hobbystreak movement, my desk hasn't looked so clear in ages, currently down to these 5 guys mid paint, and 8 on the sideboard.  I have 9 models to assemble for the Farrow army, and most of my painting projects for the year are all assembled, and in a lot of cases primed, with the exception of the last few HotT Elements, and my Warmachine list.

Until next week then, unless I have something exceptional to talk about.

Cheers,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment