Wednesday 1 August 2018

#workbenchWednesday 01/08/18

Wow, actually on time this week...   So, how's the old workbench looking?



Pretty sparse for sure, although, I am working on some stuff that I have to keep under wraps as it is pre-release industry work.  Just the Razorback Crew to do for Mike's army to finish it off.  Which means, I must have finished all the Razorboars, right?

Ghost Pig - Way of the Hamurai.

Right.  He asked me to do a couple of them in the same "Sin City" style that I had done my Grymkin in, so I obliged, with one being done identically, and the other to have an orange glow.  Not really much area for glow effects as even the eyes are armoured on these little piggies.  He likes the final result, which means I am now doing some test pieces for him for Legion of Everblight.


Nephilim Soldier
Naga Nightlurker


Went with the Soldier and Naga as test pieces, because, well, I had them already, and it shows the scheme on a model with and without any metal areas.  Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.  I'd like to do a selection of different test models with various 'glow' effects in a bright red, green, yellow, pink, purple, orange, blue and so on, as well as different tints on the armour, and a selection of Tamiya Clears for the blood and whatnot.  I reckon this would work for all the Hordes factions, and probably Cryx too, although, I'm not too sure with all the Warmachine ones.

Off to the side of the workbench currently looks like this.

Awwwwww, they're only ikkle.

None more brown.

First up is my Dwarfs from FourA Miniatures that I'm painting up for the SAGA Rampant! Challenge, along with some of the oldest kiddo's Goblins that she is painting for Hordes of the Things, along with the remaining Butcher's Guild figures to paint for Guildball, a Foundry Viking I am painting up for Blood Eagle/Saga, both Stormcast warbands for Shadespire, and a varied selection of models that I'm planning on doing for Blood Eagle.  There are Black Numenoreans and Army of the Dead from the Games Workshop Lord of the Rings line, plus a couple of Wraiths or Spectres from Otherworld Miniatures that are all planned as part of a Draugr Warband, along with some Reaper tombstones, and some Northstar miniatures (Crowmaster and Crow from Frostgrave and a Dwarf from the OGAM range) and finally a Footsore Shaman.

So, along with getting that lot primed up, I also have a growing collection of stuff mid assembly/basing.


There are various Reaper Bones ogres and a Giant, alongside a rock monster, foo dog and fountain, along with a metal werewolf and a vikingy guy who will join the Draugr.  There is also the Dragon Tong for IHMN as well as some Tharn that have been there for months now.  Finally, a Red Box Sorcerer who is also going into the Draugr collection.



Lastly, done a bit rearranging in the games room to try and keep things tidy/make better use of space.  It is quite disheartening how few painted forces I have in relation to the amount of figures and rulesets I own...  Guess I have to keep working on those double-duty ones right?


Well, that's it for this week, not really kept track of what I've been doing on a daily basis but that pretty much covers all I've been up to since my last weekly update.

Cheers,

John

1 comment:

  1. Good to see that you have got your mojo back. Still looking for mine

    ReplyDelete