Wednesday 21 November 2018

#workbenchWednesday 21/11/18

Back again, on time this week too  ;)

So, how's the old workbench looking?


There is a trio of Reaper Bones Ogres there (77454 Clubber, 77566 Chieftain, 77568 Matriarch) that I'm gradually painting up as Oni for Daisho/Ronin.  Red isn't normally a colour I'd choose to paint, so it has been a learning curve.  I'm also working on some pre-release miniatures, but I can't show them off...

As well as painting (I've been doing a minimum of 30 minutes a day as part of an online challenge) I've been pretty productive on the assembly front.

Prime us!

There is a large selection of various models all cleaned up, based and ready for priming.  Picture is cropped slightly, but there is -

Unit of 3 Farrow Valkyries, Bradigus, Tharn Chieftain, Shaman and Whitemane for HORDES.
8 Black Numenoreans and 24 Mantic Zombies for my Draugr SAGA army.
8 Reaper Bones Goblins as Redcaps, a Giant and bug for Blood Eagle/Dark Age Fantasy.
3 Frostgrave soldiers.
1 Foundry Revenant Vampire/Elf. 
3 Four A miniatures critters and a gremlin that are the kids.
A Death Guard character model for Warhammer 40,000.
A random Reaper Werewolf.
The Yeti from the Black Dragon Tong box for In Her Majesty's Name.
An old metal Ungor from a Beastman (or Beasts of Chaos, or just plain Chaos age dependant) army that I plan to paint up as a satyr.
Some 15mm Forger in Battle Celts/Gauls for a 15mm Blackpowder project.
And finally the Reaper Bones Spirit of the Forest (77184) that I just want to paint for fun.  More extreme base effects ahoy!

All in all it is quite a random selection.  I've also been throwing more random baggies of stuff into the box that I generally put the figures I want to get assembled in, there is more Northstar stuff, along with some Arcworlde figures, and a few more Bones ones, as well as reinforcements for my Normans.

Spent some time over the weekend out with the kids at a local wildlife area and got a bunch of photos of nature for basing reference, so, there might be an article in the making there.

Finally, I finished off  the Grace and Benediction figures for a commission.  Tried to keep it pretty close to the card art without going overly sepia.




That's it for the week then, will get to painting once the kids are asleep.

See you in a week, hopefully with the Oni finished.


Cheers,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment