Friday 30 November 2018

Month in Review - November 2018

Time for a look back at the last month I guess seeing as I'm on a roll with updating this thing.

 Quick workbench shot to get started.  Finished up the 6 Black Numenoreans and got a fair bit of work done on the Spirit of the Forest.

Life's a Draugr, and then you die...


As far as my Hobby Resolutions go, I haven't really done much beyond play a few games.  The tally jumped a lot, because I've added in an approximation of the last few undocumented months, but I've been powering through painting as part of the Paintvember movement (paint 30 minutes minimum a day for the month of November) and have finished off a mighty 63 miniatures.  Granted, a few were already started, but that's OK.  I've cleared all the commission stuff, plus added a bunch of new minis to my SAGA Rampant Draugr and Frostgrave/Blood Eagle/Daisho pools.

This was written on paper older than a lot of the miniatures I own...

 Also feels a bit cheaty having done a load of stuff for the Draugr project, as it is a really quick and simple scheme, but I guess that it is something I should embrace for quick turnaround, and to make a dent in the backlog.  I can see me painting up various Undead/Orcs and Goblinoids and possibly even Dwarfs in the same scheme, as well as extending it to a mish-mashed Wild Hunt army, based partly on the Wood Elf version and partly on the Undead version from Witcher III.  Some Dark Dwarfs would also be pretty useful for Of Gods and Mortals in 28mm, using the Draugr as Undead Norse, just need to locate a suitable Hel model.



I spent a bit of time (joys of waking at 2am) this morning finishing off the Spirit of the Forest, and then just as long gluing stuff to him once the varnish was dry.  Really like how he looks all vegetated up, and might have to grab another one for 15mm purposes.



77184 Spirit of the Forest (Reaper Bones)


PAINTVEMBER!  (plus 14 pre-release minis shipped back already)

For the Horde!

 Even though some of the minis use a different pallet, or slightly different basing techniques, they still mesh well together with the unified base colours and rims.  I'll have to dig the full army out for a group shot soon, along with my Grymkin.


Ok, maybe the black rims stick out a bit...


So yeah, that is my November in a nutshell.  Painted loads of stuff, currently over 365 miniatures for the year, which is pretty good seeing as I didn't paint any in October.  Need to get a few more games in to hit my total, but I have Daisho lined up at the club next month, plus I'm sure I can get a few more arranged.  I might have a crack at transferring over the last few batches of GW paint, no way I'll get the Foundry and/or P3 done, but it's a rolling goal.  The Deathguard and Rune Wars and Guildball stuff is basically neglected ( I did the GB bases, and assembled a few more DG from the Conquest magazine).  Maybe I can paint 3 minis in December?

Anyway, that's me for now.  Happy painting, andI'll be back on Wednesday.

Cheers,

John


3 comments:

  1. You have been busy. Everybody finds methods that work best for them and if the 30 minutes works for you that's awesome. I got no traction from that one myself. The forest spirit came out pretty sweet. He stacks up well with the rock figure you painted earlier. I had some hobby fail this month so far as staying on assigned task goes but getting stuff done is getting stuff done. I never really regret switching up projects. In fact I do it a lot. It beats me staring begrudgingly at something I don't want to paint and doing nothing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid job Martin very productive year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, loving the treemen!

    ReplyDelete