Wednesday 13 February 2019

#workbenchWednesday 13/02/19

Back again, current #hobbystreakday44.  Workbench looks pretty static this week though -


Not even sure anything moved...

Couple of reasons for this, kids were over at the weekend, so they spent some time pottering about with their Dragon Rampant army, so, I took the opportunity to do some assembly and basing too.  Figured I'm going to try and have as much as possible cleaned, assembled, based and primed so that I only have the secret projects for #talesofinstahammer to prepare.  I'm at just over 60% of the planned stuff assembled and based for the year, and I reckon doing the 10mm Warband army will really ramp that number up.  Also, that doesn't take into account any of the stuff I already did over what I had planned.

Speaking of which, the challenge this month is Vanguard, and the secret project is to paint up a hero (or two).  I kind of scunnered myself here by painting 3 Necromancers last month, along with the 3 Skeleton Champions...  Not sure, what I am going to do this month, maybe source another Necromancer model, or a Vampire of some description.  My Vanguard unit will be 15 Black Knights using the Mantic Cavalry.  They are the restic versions, so clean-up was minimal and annoying, so I just clipped off the injection points, trimmed them, and scraped the mould lines off the front legs and face plate.  I've based them on 40mm lipped bases, so they match my SAGA stuff, and could also be used for Lord/War of the Ring(s).  

All your base...




I've also assembled both warbands from the Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault box, along with a box of the snap-fit Mystmourn Banshees, 6 Fenrisian Wolves, 3 Spirit Hosts and 6 Mantic Trolls.

The Underworlds stuff and wolves were a joy to assemble, and, just when I was thinking how nice it was to be putting together nice sprued plastic kits, I started the Spirit Hosts.  They were a nightmare.  I'm sure there could have been much better keying for the strands without losing the incorporeal look.  The Banshees, Spirit Hosts and Knights are planned for my Death army, and the Wolves and Trolls for my Of Gods & Mortals force,

Carrying on with that, I've also cleaned up and based the Warlord and 2 points of Two Handed Axe armed Vikings for my SAGA Jomsvikings, and the 4 Berserkers, for my OG&M list.  These two projects are pretty intertwined, as I'll be able to get a lot of double duty from the figures and switch up lists a bit.



Started work on 2 of the 4 units of hand weapon/shield Hearthguard too.

Finally, been upping my game count too in preparation for the Belgian Warmachine & Hordes Masters this weekend.  Mostly playing Grymkin, but also dug out Baldur 2 for a practice game to see how Sarah's army handles the Starcrossed/behind a wall/Roots of the Earth (and Spiny Growth in the case of Ghetorix) skew.  Lost on scenario, but had a real grindy game, and still finished with 3 heavies on the table.  Lost Wrongeye trivially, because Incorporeal and Transference (and re-rolls) is a thing that deals with Starcrossed...

Tonight we're gonna rock you!

So that's pretty much it.  Hard weekend of drinking with added Warmachine coming up, then back to the grind to get my #talesofinstahammer projects and getting on with the 15mm stuff that is already on the workbench.

Cheers,  see you next week (liver permitting)

John


2 comments:

  1. How do you keep your desk tidy like this????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Errr... it's a means of procrastination I guess. Just rearranging stuff. Or maybe it isn't getting the chance to get messy if I power through stuff?

    ReplyDelete