Wednesday 20 February 2019

#workbenchWednesday 20/02/19

Well, Belgium didn't kill me so back again  :)






Workbench has 15 Black Knights, 6 Trolls and 6 Wolves that I primed yesterday, along with Sam's 15mm Warband.  Plan is to get all the basework done on the new additions, then bust out the Knights for #talesof\Instahammer, then finish the 15mm stuff.  Not sure if I'll get around to the secret project, as I've still a blog article to do too.

Last week, before flying out, a lot of the guys in the chat for Belgian Masters were saying they were doing some last minute painting, so, in a fit of solidarity, I figured I'd do some last minute painting too.  I grabbed the Wanderer, 2 units of Piggy Backs and a Witchwood and got started.

I got as far as this before we left Friday morning -

Best part of 50pts and a caster in 6-8hrs...


Not bad, right?  I probably could have finished them (cleaning off the excess grass and doing the blood) but figured I'd let them dry over the weekend.

The event went well, really cool location, good food, managed to stomach the cherry beer, and finished off my #hobbyresolution goal of new opponents between the Masters and some games of Secret Hitler in the evening.  5 Game breakdown as follows -

Game 1 - Loss (was still in bed.  6am finish drinking may be the cause, but crappy sleep the days before didn't help either)

Game 2 - Child vs Krueger2 - Win.  Opponent feated thinking he was going to score, and in my turn I managed to kill his Storm Raptor, get a couple of swings on his caster, and kill his Gnarlhorn.  He conceded after that as he only had some Mist Riders, solos and a damaged warlock with nothing to transfer to.

Game 3 - Child vs Rask.  I move up, wait out the feat, and prepare to capitalize the following turn.  Screen my caster, but he oneshots a Crabbit and pulls the Child out from behind 2 heavies that were just a touch too far apart.  Cue one Skarryth coming in and making short work of her.  Loss.

Game 4 - Child vs Iona.   Wasn't the best matchup for me.  Playing into Iona of Wurmwood in Devourers Host with a large central forest.  Game was a bloodbath (if you were a Tharn) and ended with the Child falling after clearing out a Warpwolf Stalker for some points.  Loss.

Game 5 - Old Witch vs Issyria - Opponent being too aggressive with his caster gave me a decent shot at assasination top of 2.  Witch feats, blinds the solo next to Issyria, and burns through a couple of her camp.  Longfellow gets some damage on her, and crucially, I totally forgert the Hollowmen ignore the rubble when targeting her, and miscalculate the rolls and how many CRA's to make.  Don't kill her, and Sentinels and Invictors put paid to Old Witch... 

Final result 1-4 (or 1-3 not counting the one I didn't play) which is disheartening as I've been playing more recently and had a good shot into all my games with the exception of Tharn, which I think does a number on both my lists.  List changes will probably have to wait until April/May until the new Grymkin models drop.

We got dropped off at the airport Sunday afternoon, and after dumping our bags in the hotel, went for dinner with the English contingent. 



Monday was spent sitting on the terrace at the airport dojoing lists until my tablet died (was saving my phone as my boarding pass was on it) and cleaning off the grass from the Grymkin when we got home.

Not used to the lack of rain or mountains...


Tuesday was priming stuff and doing the blood on the Grymkin, before getting them into the cabinet.

Wanderer

Piggy Backs 1

Piggy Backs 2


Today has been doing all the basework on the primed stuff, and I've got the metal down and washed on the horses.  Hopefully can at least get the skin blocked in after I've been fed, and work on the bone and exposed flesh tomorrow.  I've removed the riders until the horses are done, and I might just glue them on at the end and paint them that way.

Until next time,

Cheers,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment