Wednesday 26 June 2019

#workbenchWednesday 26/06/19

Back again.


Workbench is looking kinda busy, but should be cleared soon.

Not Dwarfs.  Honest.






I've pretty much finished the next 2pts of Hearthguard for my Jomsvikings, with just the varnishing and basing to do, as well as adding the shields.  I've also been doing a bit of pottering away at the Frost Giant, but, there is probably still a while to go with him.

The Jomsviking project then should be wrapped up tomorrow, probably could have been done already if I hadn't painted the extra stuff partway through.

I still haven't gotten around to stringing the bows of my Archers yet, but do have 2pts of Berserkers assembled and primed to add to the list for Age of Magic games.

In other news, I went out today and picked up a couple of sets of storage drawers, with a view to rearranging the bottom half of the shelf in the corner of the lair, to try and create a bit more focus (and have drawers big enough for plastic sprues) as I continued to flounder blindly with a direction so have to revert to organising the chaos to help clear my head and narrow my focus.



At the moment, it is all Warmachine & Hordes stuff at the bottom of the unit, with more in the cupboards, but it seems pointless when there are a lot of Factions I just won't be painting any time soon.  As I have my Grymkin downstairs and am trying to assemble it all, it doesn't really need a drawer, but I have a load of Minions and Circle (my other painted Factions) that will probably stay within easy reach.  I'm also planning one drawer for the Foundry Vikings, and maybe one for Limited Edition/Exclusive models.

Less is more?


Quick head maths says I can fit both units, with one stack of the original drawers between them, although, I will be moving the shelves too.  I guess it is as good a time as any to get started on a large scale overhaul of my immediate space, as I've just started my days off leading into a holiday for the kids being off school.

So, varnish Jomsvikings, start pulling stuff off the shelves and moving it around in a bid to feel in control of things.  Easy, right?


I'll update my progress at the weekend when I do my Monthly Review post seeing as we will be halfway through the year.

Cheers,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment