Sunday 28 February 2021

Month in Review - February 2021

 Back again with another monthly update.  So, what have I been up to then?

February 2021


Jut that little lot, another 47 minis added to the painted tally.  I managed to get a full brigade of Grave Guard done for Tales of Instahammer, because that is a monstrous unit on the table, probably second only to Black Knights in the army, as well as two units of Fell Bats, because they are monstrous bats, and just to make sure I stuck to brief, the General riding a Zombie Dragon (I'll do a foot general for June, but this was one of the few "monstrous" entries in the list.


Black Guard (Forest Dragon)

Fell Bats (Forest Dragon)

Vampire General on Zombie Dragon (Forest Dragon)


As well as the Instahammer stuff, I knocked out 1.5pts of Warriors for the Heerschau challenge (because it gives me a full unit for Lion Rampant).  I still have to do a banner, but am undecided if I'll get a printed one, or go for hand painted to match the shields.

Teutonic Warriors (Crusader Miniatures)



I did get 2 more units of Viking Hearthguard basecoated and washed, but my favourite brushes were on their way out, so I didn't get them layered up and highlighted, but, I was well ahead on Project: Shieldwall anyway.

Viking Hearthguard (Wargames Foundry)



Fat dead brushes only means one thing, battering out some Warhammer Underworlds warbands with judicious amounts of contrast paints.  In short, I finished off three warbands, making up for not doing one last month, and putting me ahead for next month.

The Eyes of the Nine were the first warband I did, and you may be surprised to see black base rims, but brown just wasn't going to work with the tiles...  Then I worked on Mollog's Mob and Hrothgorn's Mantrappers (alongside the Dread Pageant, but they aren't finished yet)

Eyes of the Nine (Warhammer Underworlds - Games Workshop)


With the Eyes, I went with a lot of blues and yellows, because Tzeentch, and had a lot of fun painting the Brimstone Horrors.  The bigger Horror was initially Pink, then Sarah pointed out it's a Blue one, so, I just slapped more paint on it...

Mollog's Mob (Warhammer Underworlds - Games Workshop)

With Mollog's Mob, I wanted him to have a kind of albino-ey look, like something that lives deep underground and has a pallid, clammy look.  Didn't spend too long on the little critters, but I did paint the Bat-Squig to match my other "normal" ones.

 


 

Hrothgorn's Mantrappers was next, basically using them to experiment with colours before I 'tackle' the Blood Bowl team.  I think I prefer the lighter green skin on the Gnoblars, and I'll probably use that for the Blood Bowl ones.


Speaking of Blood Bowl...

Primed and ready to go.


I didn't get a "fun" mini painted this month, I had started the Mom Miniatures Barbarian Giant, but didn't even get all the basecoats on, still, that's a good start for another month, and it had sat most if not all of last year on the shelf primed.

 


 I have also been back out in the workshop pottering away, so that has divided my hobby time (we won't mention the 155+ hours of Assassin's Creed Valhalla...) and knocked up two sample planters over the weekend.



I mentioned last time I had a surprise package in from Cromarty's Forge, it contained a number of 15mm scale Lizardmen prints, which are very nice.  I want to do a separate post about them, but the Kickstarter for the files and printed models is currently running, and well funded, so gratz John.

 

So yeah, 47 added to the tally (broke 100 already) and I'll leave you with a quick shot of the bench earlier before I moved the new recruits up into the cabinets.

New brushes arrived!



See you next month,


John



Amount Task Completed

28 Fully Paint Grymkin (HORDES)
0%
46 83 Tales of Instahammer (Vampire Counts) 46 55%
12 49 Paint 6pts Saga Age of Crusades army 12 24%
3 22 Paint Shadespire Warbands 3 14%
25 50 Project Shieldwall 25 50%
1 12 Random Fun Minis 1 8%

17 Blood Bowl Team
0%

4 Terrain
0%


Paint Osprey Wargames forces
#DIV/0!





3 26 Play 26 Games 3 12%

4 Blood Eagle Campaign
0%

3 Play 3 new games
0%

6 Play 6 Boardgames
0%





2 12 Maintain blog with monthly posts 2 17%
8 52 Social Media post every week 8 15%

2 New Games Room Furniture
0%

4 Go to 4 shows or conventions
0%
100 374
26.74%

4 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff - always good seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nicely painted mixed bag. I take it you plan to do even more next month 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers. Well, that's the plan, but the old woodworking seems to be in demand now the days are getting longer...

    ReplyDelete