Thursday 13 December 2018

#workbenchWednesdays 5 & 12/12/18

I didn't update last week, as there wasn't realy anything on my workbench, and it is kinda the same this week again.  I think I am winding down for the year, plus my sleeping pattern is shot (moreso than usual) because of work and stuff.  Gotta love the retail side of Christmas...  Anyway, the workbench currently looks like this -



 There is a base sitting ready for a Ringwraith model for my Saga Rampant Draugr, the part done Reaper Familiar, and the woefully neglected remaining Butchers for Guildball.  Not sure what it is with them, just can't seem to find the oomph to get started with them.






 Off to the sidelines are the first two Stormcast Eternal warbands for Shadespire, along with a random Foundry Viking, two units of Piggybacks, the Wanderer, a Rattler and a Witchwood for my Grymkin army, that all need the primer touched up, and some 15mm stuff, a Copplestone Northlander Hero and some 4a Miniatures Dwarves that I picked up earlier in the year at the Penrith show.


I have been very busy on the assembly front the last few weeks, in fact, I've had to start using 2 trays to hold all the models ready to go.  I've built up 72 Mantic Zombies to use as Levy for the Draugr force, along with 10 Wraiths, a couple of the easy build Deathguard kits (I've put these ones on lipped bases, as I already have some on bevelled ones for my Deathguard army) plus a few other random things.  I also made some Objective/Scenario markers using the Renedra Gravestones and Zombie parts and based a couple of LotR statues, with a mind to doing 3d terrain over the next year.




Finally, here is the current state of my assembly area.  A second unit of Werewolves assembled and awaiting greenstuff, some Mantic Wights (I think, not sure they were ever released) and a couple more terrain pieces, a small ruin from Lord of the Rings, and a Games Workshop staircase piece festooned with Grim Reaper motifs.


So yeah, that's about it really.   Couple of weeks left of the year to get set up for a productive 2019, I've already started working on new hobby resolutions, as well as filling out a diary for when I should be blogging/events/etc.


Fingers crossed eh?


Cheers,

John

2 comments:

  1. When I assemble that many models at once I have to hide most of them from myself to avoid feeling overwhelmed. I'm in a bit of a wind down too as the new year approaches. I have a couple new projects I'm trying to keep quiet until the inaugural 2019 post (Got to preserve the content as much as I like spilling the beans and talking hobby :D ). I can relate to your malaise on the GB Butchers. I feel the same way about my never done Fishermen. Great models full of character but I take one look at all those templates in the rule set and get scared away. I checked it out because I love Blood Bowl but the very mechanical rules intimidate me. I'll be sure to check out your resolutions for the new year and possibly a debrief from this one passing; Not sure if you do that but I'm about ready to start documenting my accomplishments (and abysmal failures :D ) for the year. In the new year if you want to exchange pokes and prods on New Year's hobby resolutions maybe we can help each other get things done in 2019. Cheers John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dude, yeah, I'll do a run down of my Hobby Resolutions when I do my December Review post. Plus probably cover the stuff I did that wasn't on the list :p I'm still working on the actual breakdown of what I plan to do next year, but the wheels are in motion already for at least a couple of things. Sure, I'm up for some poking and prodding, the entire online documentation of the hobby stuff is 50% ego stroking 50% desperate cry for help lol.

      Delete