Friday 31 January 2020

Month in Review - January 2020

Time for the monthly check-in then.

Progress has been weird, I've been doing various things, learning to magnetize (basically short fat pins...) and doing some more assembly work.

You'd almost think I like planing stuff out...


Painting wise, I finished off 4 Stormcast (Stonecast) Eternal Liberators to flesh out a unit with my test model, as well as 10 Sequitors, 2 Knight-Invokers and a Lord-Ordinator, so that definately covers 1 Hero and 1 Unit for Tales of Instahammer, and as a bonus, some of it is actually in my list.







I also painted up the Grymwatch Warhammer Underworlds warband as my secret project, so that knocks that off the list of Underworlds stuff to do.

The Grymwatch - Warhammer Underworlds (Games Workshop)


I'm not really sure what to start working on beyond my Stonecast, as I have free reign, so, with that in mind, I've just written down all the various entries from my planned projects and thrown them in a tin to pull out at random a Hobby Lucky Dip if you will.  I reckon I'll just pull one or two out at a time and work on whatever is built and primed, or seems most interesting at the time.

I've also signed up for a Lion Rampant campaign at the club, so I've been putting together some stuff that I can flesh out my SAGA Normans with to play.


February's TOIH challenge is a monster, so, I reckon I'm painting up a spare figure as the only monster in my list has my general on it...


Also, am off to York on Sunday for Varpartak, so that'll kick off the geming shows for the year.

Cheers,

John

4 comments:

  1. Someone has been very busy... they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, yeah, not got as much done as I'd like, but being doing loads of assembly for various projects so hopefully that puts me ahead for the rest of the year.

      Delete
  2. I'm not a fan of the Stormcast minis, but your Stonecast look ace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Yeah, I think they share a similar design brief to Space Marines (Classical/Greco-Roman) so chopping bits off and covering them in stuff helps break up the silhouete.

      Delete