Wednesday 15 January 2020

#workbenchWednesday 15/01/20

So, I've been a busy boy, and the workbench is currently pretty full.  I've managed to assemble all of the 2000pt Stormcast (Stonecast) Eternal list, as well as some extras, and the vast majority is primed and inked now too.

So much strong tone...


I have finished painting a unit of 10 Sequitors, as well as my Lord-Ordinator and 2 Knight-Incantors, but I still have all the basing and effects to do.  It is going to take a while to glue it all on, so I'm saving it for a free day.

Should probably leave the bird poop weathering until after the foliage.


So, whilst gearing up for that, I turned to my secret project for January's Tales of Instahammer challenge, and I figured that with the guideline 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' that the Grymwatch Underworlds warband fit the bill perfectly.   My head cannon is that the Grymwatch have been trapped in the Realm of Life, or being the most alive of the Undead, kinda fit, and after unsuccessfully attacking the Stonecast, realized that there are no good eats in their stony shells.   So, the Grymwatch prowl around, watched carefully by the Aetherwings, who use them as an early warning system of sorts.  The constantly hungry Grymwatch must continually hunt for prey, and have become attuned to tracking down any interlopers.  There exists a strange coexistence between these disparate forces, the Grymwatch ignore the Stonecast for the most part, to date, they have destroyed one unwitting Sacristan Engineer from ambush, but fled empty handed (and empty bellied) when they realised that no sustenance was to be found encased in the stony guardians.  Similarly, the Stonecast tolerate the existence of the Grymwatch, as they pose no real threat to them.

TL;DR - Stonecast use Grymwatch as a form of guard dog and waste disposal system.  Grymwatch hunt down stuff, hide when Stonecast appear, then get fed after they go dormant.

So, a quick one day job, got the Grymwatch painted, so, technically my first fully painted and based minis for the year.  And it ticks off an Underworld warband from the list.

The Grymwatch (Warhammer Underworlds, Games Workshop)








Finally, I managed to pick up the final TMNT vehicle to complete the set for my Gaslands crew.

Hmmm

That's it for the week then, I guess tomorrow is glue all the foliage on for hours Thursday.

Cheers,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment