Thursday 25 January 2018

#workbenchwednesday 24/01/18

Yet another week rolls around, and things are happening, even though it was my long week at work.  If you've been following along on Instagram or Facebook, you'll have seen most of the pictures before, but currently the workbench looks a little like this -



Malifaux crew is looking smaller, right?  As you can see I got them pinned to their bases, which isn't something I normally do, but I figured it might save me some time if I wasn't highlighting all the hair underneath the boars.  Really just need to do the final white highlight and finish the tusks, teeth and toes and they are ready for varnish and basing.  Ulix might take a little longer, as I'm still undecided on colours for him.


Old Major
Penelope, via Brushchewer's iPhone, hence the fact you can actually see the texture of the fatmat...



Managed to finish up Old Major and Penelope for the crew, taking me to 2/6 Malifaux models for my Hobby Resolution, been fun, and I'll probably get the Piglets I have added in if I get time to bump up the crew.  I only picked them all up as I was planning on playing Arcanists, and had the Rasputina and Marcus sets, and figured more beasts was a good option for Marcus.  I don't have any plans to play super serious, so, maybe I'll stick with Gremlins.  Time will tell once I have the crew done and get some games in.



 I've also been adding some colour to the Broken Legions Warband whilst painting the Malifaux crew, nothing major and still a long way to go.  I really want to get these guys done soon, as I want to pick up some models to use as Ghouls from Vapnartak next month.  I'm thinking some of the Corelock Bods from Lucid Eye, but I know if I go to somewhere selling them, I'm gonna end up with the rulebook, lots of Bods, a few Heroes...

Love the crouching guy on the right.


 The backlog also got a sweet new addition in the shape of Geralt of Rivia, from Artel Miniatures.  My phone takes really bad pictures (did you notice?) so, I'm just gonna link the stock image so you can see how nice it is.  I guess Brushchewer missed watching me play Witcher III for hours on end.

Finally, played another game taking me to 6/100.  Dr. Arkadius in Will Work for Food vs. Xerxes 2 in Imperial Warhost.  Supremely tilting when you can't walk 5" out of deployment without being threatened by multiple charging heavies. Moved up anyway, getting some damage onto 2 Archidons, then took X2's feat on the chin. Lose 3 heavies (not the one with Forced Evo) and Targ, meaning I am in no position to attrition, forcing a desperate assassination attempt. Mist Speaker gives Arkadius Eyeless Sight, Witch Doc gives remaining Warhog Ghostly, and the Battle Boar Primal's him. Arkadius moves up, lands a boosted Crippling Grasp on Xerxes and feats, letting the Warhog fail a charge to put him in charge range for his own activation. Warhog gets to Xerxes and it takes all 6 attacks to kill him on 2 transfers and passing his first 2 Tough rolls....




Arkadius WWFF vs Xerxes2 IW

 I mean, I guess I should get more games in now, seeing as it turns out I made the Scottish WTC team this year, right?




That's all for now, plans for the day include having a new dishwasher installed, building some Razorboars for Mike, and getting the Wild Boars for the Malifaux crew done.

No comments:

Post a Comment