Wednesday 2 January 2019

#workbenchWednesday 02/01/19

Woah, 3 consecutive days of posting.  You people are being spoilt!

So, how does the workbench look after being cleared off for the new year?

Pretty jammed up with zombies right now.  The January goal for #talesofInstahammer is to paint a unit and a character model, so I figured I'd try and get through as many shamblybois as possible.  Plus they can be used as Levy for my SAGA Draugr and Undead Norse in Of Gods & Mortals.  Triple duty for the win.   I'm sure they'll have many more uses too.  The theme for the month is Impact! so I'm planning on going in swinging and getting all 120 Zombies done, providing I can get the rest primed, along with the Grave Markers I'd made up.


Zooooohhmbie, Zoooooooooohmbie, Zoooooohmbieeeeeeeee, Necromancer [/Dolores]

There are another 50 waiting in the wings (30 have the bases drybrushed, 20 including both command groups don't) and a Grave Marker, plus 40 more and the last 2 Grave Markers on sticks to be primed when the shops open for me to grab more spray.  There are a couple of miscelaneous Frostgrave figures too, but they were odds on the tray so I figured I'd just prime them, get the bases sorted, and put them on the shelf with the rest.

More of the same.  Except Necromancers.


 The astute amongst you may have noticed that means there are only 3 Grave Markers to be done.  Correct.  I'd used one as my test model for the tale, so quickly busted out the other two, and a zombie to get an idea of how it looks.  It is pretty much all basecoats and drybrushing and washes, but it works.  I'm working on the idea that it has to be quick, because there are 120 of them, and remain suitably dark to match the Draugr stuff.

Not Grave Mistakes

The test Zombie was done with the same colours, and whilst not amazing should look good en mass.  At least, I hope it will. 


I think that painting them in the batches of 30 should work, I'd originally set out to do 30 and a Grave Marker per week in January, with the 3 odd days to get my Necromancer done, but, as he shares a very similar colour scheme, and I'm not going as far with him as I did on the last version, he is pretty much done too.  Iguess that means I can focus on whatever the secret challenge is, and get more stuff prepped for the rest of the year.

Maybe I'll get started on more terrain.  Wait, more?  That must mean I already have some.



Seeing as I had space on a stick I'd primed this at the same time as the first batch of Zombies, and figured I'd do it as I was painting rocks and stuff anyway on the Graves.  One day I'll get to the point of having a full table worth of 3d terrain.

Finally, I figured I would try and get my #hobbystreak back up, started it fresh yesterday to see if I can beat last year's total, so, enjoy #hobbystreakday2.

Back soon, hopefully with a lot of finished Zombies to show off.

Cheers,

John

2 comments: