Wednesday 30 January 2019

#workbenchWednesday 30/01/19

Back with another early morning update.

Workbench looks thus -



Makes a change from Zombies, right?
Having finished off 160 Zombies, I've turned my attention to some Skeleton Warriors and Champions (both Mantic).  The Champions are pretty chunky models, and I'm not sure if they were ever released.  They just need varnished and based, and I'm slowly grinding through the bone on the Warriors.

So, over the least week I have finished 40 Zombies, 6 Giant Rats and 3 random fantasy figures from North Star.  Hopefully this is the last Zombies for a while, as I've actually run out of models to paint.  Well, there may be one or two I could cobble together, but that isn't enough for a unit for anything.


It's almost tradition now...



The Lich Lord (Frostgrave, North Star Miniatures)
The Lich Lord will be used as either a Necromancer for Age of Sigmar, a Lich for Warlords of Erehwon or for Frostgrave.  He might also make an appearance in Blood Eagle or fantasy Saga, so I've based him to match those models.


Dwarf Blacksmith (North Star Miniatures)
 The Dwarf Blacksmith will be my Dvergar Weaponsmith for Of Gods & Mortals, and as such, is the first miniature painted for the army for this years #hobbyresolution2019.


Barbarian Crow Master (Frostgrave, North Star Miniatures)

The Crow Master is probably going to see some action in Rangers of Shadowdeep as well as Frostgrave, so I've painted him to tie in with my warband.  He is unique in that he is the first member without red used as a spot colour.  I've painted the feathers around his shoulders as fur to further tie him in.

Giant Rats (Reaper Miniatures Bones 20033)
 These Giant Rats serve two purposes.  Firstly, they are adversaries for Rangers of Shadowdeep, and secondly, and most importantly, they were stupidly quick and easy to do, to help push me over 200 models this month.  Not a huge fan of how vivid the tales are, but they are done now, so they can stay that way. 


49 miniatures finished over the last week, pretty good going I guess.  In other news, we played What a Tanker! from Too Fat Lardies in 15mm.  John E umpired, I took command of the German Tiger, and Sarah, Tam and Bill took control of the British Shermans.  Despite being outnumbered, and almost outgunned, I managed to wreck 2 of the 5 Shermans and leaving a 3rd pretty crippled, before escaping the field to destroy the approaching British Convoy.  Apparently it is the first time the Tiger hasn't been wrecked when John has run the scenario, so, a moral victory for that too.  The game was fun, got to check off another new opponent, and has had me digging out my Plastic Soldier Tanks that I picked up years ago for Flames of War.  Might be time to invest in a decent airbrush to get the camo down.  I'll probably pick up the rules too for home games.








So that's it for the week, current objectives for my days off  are to finish off the 15 Skeletons and 3 Champions, finish typing up my January article (part done) and get my Month in Review post done.  I might leave the review post until Friday so I am not posting 3 times in 2 days, or just hold off on the article.

Cheers,

John

2 comments:

  1. Damn, you paint like a machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's been known :p I've made it easier on myself by having a load of figures already primed and the bases done. The fact most of it is base coats and washes also helps. I'm sure I'll slow down when I have to start putting some effort in.

    ReplyDelete