Thursday 31 January 2019

Month in Review - January 2019

Two posts in one day, wow, you lot are spoiled   :)

So, how have I fared throughout January?

Pretty good to be honest.  I'll do a quick run down of progress, then it's just going to be a huge photodump at the end for your viewing pleasure.

January 2019


First up, I absolutely aced the first month of #talesofinstahammer.  The theme was making an impact, which I'm sure you'll agree I did, and then some, and the secret challenge was to paint either a musician or standard bearer, and I did 3 of each.  Managed my group shot, and all that jazz.  Also, hit a personal best of 207 28mm miniatures painted in one calendar month.

Exact breakdown is -

160 Zombies
15 Skeletons
3 Skeleton Champions
10 Wraiths
2 Necromancers
2 Black Numenoreans
1 Lich
5 Grave Markers
1 Statue
6 Giant Rats
1 Dwarf Blacksmith
1 Barbarian Crow Master.


The upshot of this is that, not even counting the 40 half Zombies, I've painted 123/152 models for my planned Death army, and given myself playable forces for Dragon Rampant/Fantasy Saga/Warlords of Erehwon, as well as making a start on the stuff I'll need for Rangers of Shadowdeep and the first figure for my Of Gods & Mortals force.

Despite the fact most of my attention was on painting, I've played 4 games, including 1 board game (Battlestar Galactica) and faced two new opponents (Sam and Tam from the club) and keep on target with my #workbenchWednesday blog posts, as well as my article and this monthly recap.

Fully Paint Grymkin (HORDES)
0%
Paint Tales of Instahammer 2000pt Death Army (AoS) 123 81%
Paint 15mm Tree Folk army (Dragon Rampant)
0%
Paint 10mm Taurian Army (Warband)
0%
Paint 8 new elements for 15mm Picts (Hordes of the Things)
0%
Paint 6+ pts Jomsviking force (SAGA)
0%
Paint 4 Shadespire Warbands
0%
Paint 1200pt Norse Army (Of Gods & Mortals) 1 3%
Play 100 Games 4 4%
Play 8 new opponents 2 25%
Play 8 Boardgames 1 13%
Run April Fuel Daze 3!
0%
Maintain blog with weekly and monthly posts 6 9%
Go to 4 shows or conventions
0%
Transfer flip top paints to dropper bottles
0%
Write 1 extra blog post per month (BatRep, tutorial, review etc) 1 8%

13.93%


Pretty happy with how this month has panned out, game total should rise with Belgian Masters next month, and I'll get my first show in at Vapnartak, I'm planning on cracking on with a lot of 15mm stuff too, along with my Vanguard option for #talesofinstahammer.

Ok, enough rambling, photo time!



















































Cheers,

John

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful - all that painting. See you at Vapnartak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bill. See you Sunday. Bring a snow shovel maybe :p

      Delete
  2. What game is this for? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dan. It's for a variety of things really. I painted some LotR Army of the Dead last year to use as a Draugr inspired army for Saga for the Fantasy supplement, and I was going to use the Zombies as Levy, then just kept adding more to make them into an Age of Sigmar army. I'm sure they will see use in Dragon Rampant and Warlords of Erehwon too, as well as Blood Eagle in reduced numbers.

      Delete
  3. Those are some serious numbers and some great looking minis in the photos to boot. That was a massive month. I'll continue to shoot for more modest goals :D .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just means I can be lazier for the rest of the year ;)

      Delete