Wednesday 16 January 2019

#workbenchWednesday 16/01/19

Back again with a lot to go over this week.

Current #hobbystreak 16.

First up, the workbench shots, that's why you are here right?  Well, sleeping pattern is shot as usual so it has changed considerably over the course of the day.  Got in from work and it looked like this -




 Couple of hours sleep and a quick basing and base coating session, and it now looks like -

Zombies 91-120...



Which means the side looked/looks like this -




So, after starting the Wraiths yesterday, I basically got everything done bar the basing, curse varnish drying times, but, still, they've taken me to just over 100 minis painted this year, so... on track to hit 200 for the month.  Pretty sure that covers Impact! for the #talesofinstahammer theme.  The paint job is super quick and lazy, and ties them in with the rest of my Undead/Draugr stuff.  Quite like the sculpts, although the heads are a bit on the small side, but if memory serves, they were one of the first Mantic resin/plastic hybrid kits, and nobody knew how much the sculpts would shrink in the manufacturing process.

You'll notice that there is a load of paint sitting there too, basically I rearranged the workstation a bit to get all the Army Painter ones within easy reach, rather than languishing in a case, so I had to jiggle the Foundry and P3 ones around.  I used the bottom step to hold all the GW texture and drybrush paints, as I won't be transferring them to dropper bottles.  Managed to clear out a few of the duplicates from the AP ones, seeing as they rename some colours for different sets.


In other news, the orders arrived from Northstar and The Outpost and I managed to find the Goblin army, so now have the Trolls to complete my OG&M list, they are a lot smaller than I imagine them, so they might get changed out for alternatives in future, although, not the new Games Workshop ones, not for any reason other than they don't fit the aesthetic, although I do love the new sculpts.

Still waiting on my worms turning up for my Hordes of the Things elements, but it's fine because I'm pushing the 28mm stuff this month.  I'm hoping to get to them next month, along with more pre-release stuff for 4A Miniatures, if Andy posts it, and a Blighthaven Warband commission for Sam of 15mm Skirmish Supplies.


Speaking of which, got my first game of Advanced Song of Blades & Heroes with Sam and Sarah, my hastily cobbled together Copplestone Northlanders vs. his Dwarves and Sarah's borrowed Undead.

We played a very basic game to get an understanding of the rules, which was basically a big fight in the middle of the table with some loot counters spaced out equidistant from each force.  My Barbarian Warmage was a poor commander choice, or maybe she was just protesting at being included in a force with some gaming standard paintjobs, but, she did almost nothing the entire game.  Ultimately the Dwarves were wiped out in full, well, one routed from the table to tell his friends about the massacre, and the Undead managed to grab some loot and drag it off the board.

Copplestone 15mm Fantasy


Obviously the upshot of this is that now I want to paint a load more 15mm fantasy.  But I have to be strong.  For the remainder of this month at least.  Then I can get on with the HotT and Dragon Rampant stuff.

Should get a fair bit of work done on the Zombies tomorrow, and hopefully have them finished by the end of the weekend.  At least the 40 after them are mainly just the half body sculpts.


Until next time.

Cheers,


John

6 comments:

  1. Those 15mm figures look awesome. I tend to turn my nose up at the smaller models because I have seen some very ugly ones in the past but those have me coveting. Thanks for showing them off; I'm going to have to check the range out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yass! Another convert. :) You should check out the 15mm Fantasy Gaming group on FB. The pinned post is a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. Great choice of colours and nice basing!

    ReplyDelete